During the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare systems, businesses, and governments across the world launched novel digital health tools to help keep people safe from COVID-19. But we also saw many metrics of our country’s behavioral health--ranging from mental illness to violence to opioid overdoses--worsen. Now is the time to deploy effective digital tools for these forgotten epidemics, as well.
To make progress, we must reinvent the methods and tools used for prevention and treatment. During the 2021 Center for Digital Health Virtual Conference - hosted by the Brown-Lifespan Center for Digital Health (CDH) in Providence, RI - we will explore the cutting edge of design and implementation of ethical and effective digital health to reductions in mental illness, violence, and opioid use.
Panels and symposia will explore some of the most promising innovations in these areas; discuss innovative digital measurements of loneliness, stress, and more; and dive deeply into questions of how clinicians, patients, communities, and technologists can collaboratively co-design products that enhance and expand prevention and treatment options. Join thought leaders, researchers, clinicians, computer scientists, and engineers to help set the stage for better digital health for the post-pandemic world.
Speakers range from world-renowned academic experts, to the FDA Digital Health Center of Excellence, to start-up founders, to healthcare system leaders, to investors.
When: June 22, 2021 (12:00pm - 4:00pm EDT)
12:00-1:00 Keynote panel: The forgotten epidemics: How digital health might help improve mental health, substance use, and violence in the post-pandemic world
- Moderator: Megan Ranney, MD, MPH
- Speakers: Adrian Aguilera, PhD; Cynthia Castro Sweet, PhD; Trina Histon, PhD; Deena Shakir
1:00-1:45 Symposia #1: How to define and measure outcomes on digital health for mental health, substance use, and violence
- Moderator: Tyler Wray, PhD
- Speakers: Matthew Diamond, MD, PhD; Jessilyn Dunn, PhD; Kira Radinsky, PhD; Mimi Winsberg, MD
1:45-2:15 Symposia #2: The promise and peril of social media in behavioral health
- Moderator: Nicole Nugent, PhD
- Speakers: Munmun De Choudhury, PhD; Sherry Pagoto, PhD
2:15-3:00 Symposia #3: Engaging community voices in digital health design
- Moderator: Rochelle Rosen, PhD
- Speakers: Olufunmilola Abraham, PhD, MS, BPharm; José A. Bauermeister, MPH, PhD; Camille Burnett, PhD, MPA, APHN-BC, RN, BSc.N, DSW, FAAN; Shawna Butler, RN, MBA
3:00-3:45 Symposia #4: Scaling for impact: Digital health investors discuss their metrics for success
- Moderator: Neil Veloso
- Speakers: Aike Ho; Keith Kerman, MD; Rajiv Kumar, MD; Aneesha Mehta
3:45 Student/Mentee Virtual Poster Session
- Click here to read each presenter's abstract/poster